Last Amended: 27th of December, 2022
- General information
- What personal data do we collect?
- For what purposes do we use personal data?
- Non-personal data
- Your consent
- Marketing communication and advertisements
- Informational notices
- Children’s privacy
- Protection of personal data
- Retention of personal data
- Disclosure of personal data to third parties
- Transfer of personal data outside the EEA
- Your rights to manage your personal data
- Third-party websites and applications
- general Information
- The website https://sendum.com (the “Website”);
- The tracking platform available at https://findum.sendum.com (“Findum”)
Applicable laws. The processing of your personal data is conducted in accordance with the applicable data protection laws, including Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and E.U. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- “Consent” means your freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous agreement to the processing of your personal data;
- “Data controller” means the entity that determines the purposes and means of the processing of your personal data;
- “Data processor” means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the data controller;
- “Personal data” means any information relating to a natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by using such information (e.g., your name, address, email, phone number, and IP address);
- “Processing” means the use of personal data in any manner, including, but not limited to, collection, storage, erasure, transfer, and disclosure of personal data.
Responsible entity (data controller). The company that is responsible for collection and processing of your personal data through SENDUM is Sendum Wireless Corporation having a registered address at 4500 Beedie St, Burnaby, BC V5J 5L2, Canada (the “Company”, “we”, “us”, and “our”).
About SENDUM. SENDUM is an automated B2B supply chain visibility solution for shippers and logistics service providers. SENDUM allows you to track your packages in real-time, enables the necessary proactive intervention into the shipment of packages, and provides tracking visibility to your team, customers, and partners.
2. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We comply with data minimization principles and we collect only a minimal amount of personal data that is necessary for ensuring your use of SENDUM. The situations in which we collect your personal data and the types of the collected personal data are described below.
Personal data we collect through the Website
- When you visit the Website, we collect your IP address.
- When you submit a contact form available on the Website, we collect your:
- First and last names;
- Company name;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Country; and
- Any other information that you decide to provide us in your message.
Personal data collected through Findum
- When you register or update your user account on Findum, we collect your:
- Email address;
- First and last names;
- Phone numbers;
- Address; and
Sensitive data. We DO NOT collect, under any circumstances, any sensitive data from you, such as your health information, opinion about your religious and political beliefs, racial origins, membership of a professional or trade association, or information about your sexual orientation.
Failure to provide personal data. If you fail to provide us with the personal data when requested, we may not be able to perform the requested operation and you may not be able to use the full functionality of SENDUM or receive our response.
3. For what purposes do we use personal data?
- Your personal data which you submit through a contact form or by email will be used to respond to your enquiries and provide you with the requested information. Lawful basis for processing of personal data: pursuing our legitimate business interests (to grow and promote our business) and your consent (for optional personal data).
- Your personal data collected when you register your user account on Findum will be used to maintain your user account and enable you to use Findum.
Lawful basis for processing of personal data: performance of a contract with you.
- Your IP address will be used to (i) conduct user analytics, analyze and improve our business activities, and (iii) conduct research on our clients’ demographics, interests, and behaviors. Lawful basis for processing of personal data: pursuing our legitimate business interests (to analyze, grow and promote our business).
4. Non-personal data
When you use the Website, we collect certain technical non-personal data about your use of the Website. Such non-personal data does not allow us to identify you in any manner. We collect the following non-personal data:
- The type of your device;
- Operating systems used by you;
- Your browsing patterns;
- URL addresses of websites clicked to and from the Website;
- Log files; and
- Your other online behavior data.
Purposes of non-personal data. We collect non-personal data for online analytics purposes only, such as:
- To analyze what kind of users are interested in and use the Website;
- To identify the channels through which the Website is accessed and used;
- To examine the relevance, popularity, and engagement rate with regard to the content of the Website; and
- To personalize the Website for your specific needs.
Aggregated data. In case your non-personal data is combined with certain elements of your personal data in a way that allows us to identify you, we will treat such aggregated data as personal data.
5. YOUR CONSENT
In some cases (where required by the applicable law), we will seek to obtain your consent for the processing of your personal data for other purposes. For example, we may seek your prior consent for the following purposes:
6. MARKETING COMMUNICATION AND ADVERTISEMENTS
Marketing messages. We will not send you direct marketing messages, such as newsletters, brochures, promotions and advertisements, or contact you by any other means with the purpose to offer you our services, unless we receive your express (“opt-in”) consent to receive such marketing messages. You can opt-out from receiving such marketing messages at any time free of charge by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link contained in any of the messages sent to you.
Interest-based advertisements. We may place targeted interest-based advertisements on the Website that are tailored to your use of the Website. You can control how such advertisements are shown to you or opt-out from such targeted advertisements by consulting the guide powered by the Digital Advertising Alliance available at https://youradchoices.com.
7. Informational notices
From time to time, we may send you informational notices. We send such notices on an “if-needed” basis and they DO NOT fall within the scope of direct marketing communication that requires your prior consent (as described in Section 6). Such informational notices include:
- Information about SENDUM and your user account;
- Updates about your orders;
- Information about our new products and services that are closely related to the products and services used by you; and
- Informational notices regarding updates of SENDUM, your privacy and security, and other important matters.
8. Children’s privacy
SENDUM is not marketed and should not be accessed by persons under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect children’s personal data. If a person under the age of 18 has provided us with personal data without obtaining parental or guardian consent in advance, the parent or guardian may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request us to destroy the personal data. We will immediately delete children’s personal data from our systems.
9. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Security measures. We put our best efforts to keep your personal data safe. We implement organizational and technical information security measures to protect your personal data, such as anonymization, secured networks, and limited access to your personal data by our staff.
Your responsibility for using SENDUM. In order to ensure the security of your personal data, we kindly ask you to keep all the information related to your use of SENDUM, including login details, in a secure and confidential manner and use SENDUM through a secure network only.
Security breaches. Although we put our best efforts to protect your personal data, we cannot be liable for any unlawful destruction, loss, use, copying, modification, leakage, and falsification of your personal data caused by circumstances that are beyond our reasonable control. In case a personal data breach occurs, we will inform the local data protection authority without undue delay and immediately take reasonable measures to mitigate the breach, as required by the applicable law.
10. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Storage as required by law. Please note that, in some cases, we may be obliged by law to store your personal data for a certain period of time (e.g., for maintaining our accountancy records). In such cases, we will store your personal data for the time period stipulated by the applicable law and delete the personal data as soon as the required retention period expires.
11. Disclosure of personal data to third parties
Do we disclose personal data? In some circumstances, we disclose your personal data to third party service providers (data processors). For example, we may share your personal and non-personal data with entities that provide certain services to us, such as web analytics, data processing, advertising, e-mail distribution, and developing services.
When do we disclose personal data? The disclosure and sharing of your personal data is limited to the situations when the personal data is required for the following purposes:
- Ensuring the operation of SENDUM;
- Pursuing our legitimate business interests;
- Carrying out our contractual obligations;
- Law enforcement purposes; or
- If you provide your prior explicit consent to the disclosure.
List of data processors. The data processors that we cooperate with include:
- Our third-party developers;
- Our shipping partners;
- Our hosting providers Amazon Web Services and WP Engine;
- Our website theme developer Avada
- Our CRM partner Sales Force;
- Our mailing partner Campaign Monitor; and
- Our web analytics provider Google Analytics
12. Your rights to manage your personal data
What rights can you exercise? You have the right to manage the personal data that we collect from you. We provide you with a possibility to request us to:
- Get a copy of your personal data that we store;
- Rectify inaccurate personal data;
- Move your personal data to another processor;
- Delete your personal data from our systems;
- Object and restrict processing of your personal data;
- Withdraw your consent; or
- Process your complaint.
How to exercise your rights? If you would like to exercise your rights, please contact us by email at email@example.com and explain in detail your request. In order verify the legitimacy of your request, we may ask you to provide us with an identifying piece of information, so that we would be able to identify you in our system. We will answer your request within a reasonable timeframe but no later than two weeks.
How to launch a complaint? If you would like to launch a complaint about the way in which your personal data is handled by us, we kindly ask you to contact us first and express your concerns. After you contact us, we will investigate your complaint and provide you with our response as soon as possible but no later than two weeks. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
13. Third-party websites and applications
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small piece of data, typically consisting of letters and numbers. When you visit a website or use an application, the website or application may send a cookie to your browser. Subsequently, the browser may store the cookie on your computer or mobile device. Cookies are designed to allow the recognition of user’s device and collection of certain information about the use of a website or application. Thus, over time, cookies allow the website or application to “remember” your actions or preferences. There are two types of cookies, namely, (i) persistent cookies and (ii) session cookies. Persistent cookies remain valid until their expiration date, unless deleted by the user before that date. Session cookies will be stored on a web browser and will remain valid until the moment when the browser is closed. Cookies may also be (i) first-party cookies set by us and (ii) third-party cookies placed by third party operators (e.g., social media providers).
- To identify you as a unique user when you use the Website;
- To identify your unique sessions;
- To generate information and reports about your use of the Website; and
- To analyze and improve our business activities.
Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics, the service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to analyze your use of the Website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information by means of cookies and we use its services to create reports about the use of the Website. The information generated by cookies about your use of the Website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Please note that your IP address will be anonymized and Google will not combine your IP address with other information Google holds about you. Thus, Google will not be able to identify you. In certain cases (e.g., when required by law or when third parties conduct services on behalf of Google), Google may transfer the information to third parties. For more information about Google Analytics’ privacy practices, please visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
- Company name: Sendum Wireless Corporation
- Address: 4500 Beedie St, Burnaby, BC V5J 5L2, Canada
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact form: https://sendum.com/support/